– My phone fell in the toilet!”
– I was pushed in the pool with my phone in my pocket!”
– I jumped in the lake with my phone still in my suit!”
– A glass of my favorite drink spilled everywhere on my phone!”
– I was filming a Snapchat under water and my Waterproof ™ case failed!”
Liquid or Water Damaged Phone? No Problem!
Follow these simple and easy steps for the most success at bringing a liquid or water damaged device back to life:
2. If said device is still powered on, shut it off ASAP.
3. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT plug in or attempt to turn on any device damaged by liquid or water. Even if it was only in the pool for 2 seconds!
4. Remove any cases
5. Place wet device into a Tupperware container or Ziplock bag containing some kind of drying agent such as silica packets or DampRid **Feel free to try rice if that is all you have available**
6. Call NH iPhone Repair as soon as possible to get that water logged device looked at and *hopefully* working again!
Liquid Damage Repair is not as simple as just “drying out” your device as some big “red” box store would like you to think. You need a seasoned tech to open your phone up and physically look at the phone for signs of damage, not just dry it out.
What steps do we take when you bring in a liquid or water damaged device?
Here at NH iPhone Repair we have around a 70% success rate of bringing a liquid or water damaged device back to life.
The faster the device gets in our hands, the better the chance of it being okay. We go through the phone looking for any signs of water damage such as corrosion, rust and any water still in the device. We try different techniques to figure out what may have been damaged and replace any damaged parts. All liquid damaged or water damaged devices are inspected and cleaned while you wait so we can explain what we see and tell you what you phone needs.
- Liquid Damage/Water Damage Cleaning requires a non-refundable $25 deductible for us to open the phone and clean it.
- If the device needs any parts replaced, the $25 is put towards the repair and you pay the set, flat rate for the repair.
- The most common parts, that fail due to liquid damage/water damage are: Screen, Battery & Charging Port.
- We give you an exact quote before we do any repairs to make sure you approve.